Our consistent dedication to pursue excellence in our work has led Flowcrete creating a distinct mark in the global flooring industry with a thorough experience of over 35 years. Growing from an initial of two staff in the United Kingdom, Flowcrete today is proud of embracing excellence in over 470 staff in more than 35 countries.
Flowcrete India established its headquarters in February 2009 in the major industrial region of Chennai, India to serve the increasing business opportunities in the country. Since then we have expanded to new offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi and aim to continue to tap into the growing regions of India. Some of Flowcrete's major global projects completed include Disneyland (Hong Kong), Hong Kong International Airport, National Aquarium (Denmark), Godfrey Phillips (India), Mumbai International Airport, Wankhade Stadium (India), Reckitt Benckiser (Indonesia), GSK (Singapore), Edinburgh Airport (United Kingdom), Dubai International Airport (UAE), Carrefour (Poland) and Global Flavours and Fragrances (India). View our local case studies.
This is our history…
- 1982: British inventor Peter Gibbins founds Flowcrete after successfully inventing a floor that could survive exposure to large quantities of corrosive sugar.
- 1989: A manufacturing facility is opened in the UK and Mark Greaves starts his promising career with Flowcrete.
- 1994: The resin specialists win a SMART Award for innovation and are also awarded ISO 9001.
- 1996: Deckshield, a range of highly durable car park deck coatings is introduced to the flooring market.
- 1997: Craig Brookes leads Flowcrete’s expansion into the Far East. The first overseas factory is opened in Malaysia.
- 2001: Flowcrete Sweden achieves ISO 14001 status.
- 2002: Sweden based Perstorp Construction Chemicals is acquired by Flowcrete.
- 2004: Not only does Flowcrete win Terrazzo Manufacturer of the Year, but also Flowcrete Americas is formed.
- 2006: Flowcrete unveils its innovative Flowfast MMA flooring system, which is able to reduce curing time down to only 2 hours. Investors in People awards Flowcrete for its supportive work ethos.
- 2008: Flowcrete becomes part of Ohio-based RPM International Inc., a stock-exchange listed company that specialises in high performance coatings and chemicals.
- 2009: Formation of Flowcrete India with a spacious manufacturing facility. Flowcrete also wins the Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
- 2010: Flowcrete opens an environmentally friendly headquarters in Cheshire, England, which is visited by the Duke of Gloucester. The year got even busier when Mark Greaves won the North West IoD International Director of the Year.
- 2011: Screeds are brought into the 21st Century with the launch of the Isocrete Green Screeds range.
- 2012: Flowcrete celebrates 30 years of highly successful trading!
- 2013 : Expansion of Flowcrete India manufacturing facility and Headquarters in Chennai.
- 2014: Flowcrete Americas’ opens a new manufacturing facility that allows it to significantly increase production levels. This move is symptomatic of the company’s entrepreneurial expansion plans, for which it was awarded RPM’s 2014 Connections Creating Value Award.
- 2015: The ultra-hygienic Flowfresh range achieves HACCP International certification.